- 100% plant-derived and palm-free
- Claims “preservative-free” as its components are not classified as preservatives
- p-Anisic Acid is found naturally in anise and has antiseptic or germ-killing properties
- Polylysine is produced by bacterial fermentation, blocking the protein complex responsible of cellular proliferation
- High thermal stability
- Easy to use and effective in a pH range 4.5 – 7.5
- Almost odourless and clearly soluble in water at all concentrations
Functional vegetal derivatives
|pH||5.5 – 7.5|
|Dry residue (105°C)||46.0 – 48.0 %|
|Specific gravity (25 °C)||1.17 ÷ 1.19 g/ml|
- EPSAN®C inhibits Gram-positive, Gram-negative bacteria, yeasts and moulds
Discover more.>> Microbiological stability
- EPSAN® C is not irritant and with a very good biocompatibility towards the healthy skin.
Discover more >> Cytotoxicity evaluation (MTT test)
Discover more >> Evaluation of the skin irritation potential
- EPSAN®C determined a small increase in IL-8 compared to that of the competitor, whereas the expression of CD54 and CD86 markers of THP-1 cells after 24 h treatment with all the tested concentrations are comparable with untreated cells.
Discover more >> Evaluation of the skin sensitization potential
% OF USE
- Skin care (emulsions): 1.0-1.2%.
- Hair care (emulsions): 1.0%.
- Lotions: 0.8-1.0%.
- Organic products: 1.2%.
- Detergents: 0.8-1.0%
It is advisable to not use substances obtained through a fermentation process in formulas containing EPSAN® C as preservative system (e.g. Xanthan Gum), because Polylysine binds to polysaccharides and denatures them.