- 100% plant-derived raw materials and palm-free.
- For light texture emulsions manufactured via heated processing technique in alternative to the Oil in Water (OW) PEG emulsifier.
- Thanks to the liquid-crystal structures it is possible to have stabilization of the emulsion viscosity even in presence of lipid phases with different polarities.
- The emulsion obtained is satiny and shiny in appearance.
- Soft and light feel, with a refreshing sensation to the skin when applied. High skin absorption with the effect of reducing water loss.
- Easy to use, it is fully dispersible in warm water and miscible in vegetal and mineral oils.
- Good density, limited thixotropic behavior and stable viscosity over time. Very low sensitivity to variations in temperature.
Ester of Polyglycerol with Olive Oil’s fatty acids
Ivory / light yellow
|pH||6.0 – 8.0|
|Water content||3% max|
15 max (mg KOH/g)
130 – 150 (mg KOH/g)
|Melting point||56 °C|
- OLEAMULS® OW is particularly suitable for low temperature processing in which there is less expansion and contraction of the phases; consequently, the emulsifier firmly retained the water/oil interface and forms a particularly ‘elastic’ and resistant film that guarantees greater stability for the emulsion.
Discover more >> Study on energetic savings
- It has been proven that liquid crystal emulsions moisturize the epidermis and protect it by reducing TEWL. Discover more >> Study on the Formation and Properties of Liquid Crystal Emulsion in Cosmetic
- An “in vivo” efficacy study was implemented to detect the capability of OLEAMULS® OW in boosting skin hydration.
- As sole emulsifier: 3.5 – 6.0%
- Ideal for day and night creams, sensitive skin products and products for young skin prone to oiliness.