- It has bacteriostatic, sebum-normalizing and anti-inflammatory properties that make it particularly suited for treating acne and impure skin. It has also been shown to be effective at treating rosacea and erythema. Azelaic Acid has a lightening effect on dark spots while Betaine moisturizes the skin and makes it more elastic.
- It is completely soluble in water and hydroalcoholic mixtures, stable over a wide pH range, active substance carrier, compatible with non-ionic, anionic and cationic solutions.
- It has solvent capacities, a good stabilizing effect in emulsions and dispersing power with a high surface hygroscopicity which provides a long-lasting moisturizing action.
Natural Azelaic Acid delivered in polyglycerol medium.
|pH||2.5 – 4.5|
|Dry residue (105°C)||97 -99|
|Specific Gravity (25°C)||< 1 g/ml|
17 ÷ 19 mgKOH/g
135 ÷ 155 mgKOH/g
In-vivo tests showed anti-dyschromias and anti-acne activity.
- The degree of pigmentation of the facial spots analyzed had improved with respect to the baseline: – 4.5% after 30 days.
Discover more >> Anti-Dyscromias activity
- The product demonstrated also that it progressively reduced the number of acne lesions during treatment. The most important action was on the pustules, where the decrease reached statistical significance after 30 days of treatment with respect to the baseline values, and not modifying the sebaceous secretion or the pH of the skin, demonstrating that it does not alter the normal physiological conditions of the skin: 12% improvement in papular lesions after 15 days and 19% after 30 days.
Discover more >> Anti Acne and sebum normalizing activity
Gel emulsions, brightening creams, anti-acne creams and anti-rash creams, impure skin products, is an efficient solution for oily and pigmented skin.